- Collection of Personal Information from Site Users; Cookies. The Sohn Conference may collect and/or track using proprietary or third-party solution (1) the home server domain names, e-mail addresses, type of computer, and type of Web browser of users to the Site, (2) the e-mail addresses of users that communicate with the Sohn Conference or the Site via e-mail, (3) information knowingly provided by the user in online forms, registration forms, surveys, etc. (including name, address, e-mail and other personal profile data), and (4) aggregate and user-specific information on which pages users access.
- Use of Personal Data Collected. The Sohn Conference may use personal data it collects for editorial and feedback purposes, for marketing and promotional purposes, for a statistical analysis of users’ behavior, for product development, for content improvement, or to customize the content and layout of the Site. Aggregate data on users’ home servers may be used for internal purposes such as researching and identifying market segments and needs. Unless otherwise agreed, the Sohn Conference will not sell or disclose to third parties any individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and other personal information which users voluntarily provide to the Sohn Conference, except to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws or valid legal processes, to protect the rights and intellectual property of the Sohn Conference, or in urgent circumstances to protect the Sohn Conference or the personal safety of any individual. The Sohn Conference reserves the right to transfer such information to successors to the relevant portion of the Sohn Conference’s business.
If you make a donation we will request personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, address, phone number, email address and debit/credit card information. We seek such information primarily to facilitate donations and to communicate with you about them.
Unless you specify that a gift be “anonymous” or otherwise request that your name not be listed, we list the names of donors who give $1,000 and up in some brochures and benefit programs, so as to recognize their generosity publicly. We do not sell, share or rent our donor lists to anyone, nor do we include donor names in any direct mail solicitations. We may use outside service providers to facilitate the Sohn Conference’s website and overall operation, and to perform functions on our behalf, such as sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from donor lists, analyzing data, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. These third parties may have access to your personal information as needed to perform their functions, but they may not use it for any other purpose.
- Security Measures. The Sohn Conference may implement security features to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. Please note, however, that the Sohn Conference cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from the Sohn Conference via the Site or e-mail. Accordingly, the Sohn Conference is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. For more private communication, users can contact the Sohn Conference by telephone at the main office and direct line telephone numbers provided below.
- Opt-Out Right. Users may at any time opt out of having their personal information used by the Sohn Conference to send promotional correspondence to the user, by contacting the Sohn Conference via e-mail as indicated below. The Sohn Conference will not share your personally identifiable information with an unrelated third-party without giving you the opportunity to opt-in.
- Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Data. Upon request via e-mail the Sohn Conference will provide to users a summary of any personally identifiable information retained by the Sohn Conference regarding the user. Users may modify, correct, change or update personally identifiable information that the Sohn Conference has collected by the Site or may request their personal record to be removed from the Sohn Conference’s database by contacting the Sohn Conference via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone as indicated below.
- Collection of Personal Data from Children. The Sohn Conference does not knowingly solicit information from children and it does not knowingly market the Site or its products or services to children. To the extent that the Sohn Conference is able to determine the age of users by their submissions to, or communications with, the Site, The Sohn Conference will not knowingly (a) collect or post information from individuals under thirteen years of age (“Children” or “Child”) without their parent’s or guardian’s consent, or (b) provide any personally identifying information collected from Children, regardless of its source, to any third-party for any purpose whatsoever.
To the extent registration is required for certain products or services on the Site, and a user submits information to the Sohn Conference through such a registration process that indicates that such user is a Child, the Sohn Conference will use reasonable efforts to alert the Child’s parent or guardian to the Child’s registration and provide instructions on how the parent or guardian can delete the Child’s registration, if so desired. No information collected through the Site from users self-identified as Children will knowingly be used for any direct marketing or promotional purposes.
- Links to Other Sites. not endorse, and is not responsible for, the privacy practices or the content of these websites, including product information. You should review these policies in connection with your use of such third-party sites.
- Security Measures. The Sohn Conference has established reasonable precautions to protect collected personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, which include technical, contractual, administrative and physical steps. Please note that while the Sohn Conference has endeavored to create a secure and reliable site for users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from the Sohn Conference via the Site or e-mail cannot be guaranteed.
- Jurisdiction. This policy shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to conflicts of law rules, and the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute shall be the State of New York.
- Contact Information. Questions or concerns regarding the Sohn Conference data protections practices should be addressed to:
Sohn Conference Foundation